Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My head is swimming.

Okay. So. I've been temping every morning since CD 1 on April 11th. I temp between 7am (most mornings) and 8am. There's been a couple mornings that I've temped around 6:30am.

And I've been taking OPK's since CD 6. I take them in the morning... afternoon... and night. (What can I say? I'm a POAS-aholic... and I found an AMAZING deal where I got 75 OPK's and 25 HPT's for $25. You can't beat that with a stick.

All my OPK's have been negative. Some darker than others... but all negative.

I just assumed I didn't ovulate this cycle. My periods have never made sense. So it makes sense that I didn't ovulate... since I didn't get a positive OPK like I did last month.

But when I keyed in my temp this morning, FF said, according to the temp pattern, I ovulated on the 18th. Which, based on last month, would be about right. But, based on my OPK's, wouldn't be.

So I don't know. I guess it's possible that I could have missed my LH surge by not testing while I'm sleeping. I mean, if I last tested around 6pm... and didn't test again until 8am the following morning... would it be possible to miss the surge and therefore not get a positive OPK...?

Assuming that happened, and I did indeed ovulate on the 18th, then I get into the questions of "Would the sperm still be alive in there from the BD we did on the night of the 14th? I know that professionals say sperm can live 3 - 5 days... with 7 days being the most in supreme and ideal environments. But, taking the lower end of that and going with 3 days... we'd have just missed it by 1 day.

*le sigh*

But. Let's just say I did in fact ovulate on the 18th. Which means today is 6 DPO. And, let's also say that husband's swimmers lived for the middle number of 5 days... which would have put them in there when the egg made her appearance.

So. Maybe I have a chance, after all. I'll test on Mother's Day and see. That'll put me at 11 DPO.

*crosses fingers*

No comments:

Post a Comment