Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Day #58

... just for the record... still nothing.

*shrug* I don't know.

Anyways.

So I was suppose to lose some weight over the last month, according to my psychiatrist. (I'm not entirely sure why my weight is any concern of his... but whatever.) And I haven't. In fact, I've gained, like, 3lbs. I was talking to my aunt about this, and she said it was probably my medicine. I've been on it for a year now... and over the course of that year, I've gained 35lbs. And I'm almost positive it has nothing to do with my eating habits because I've been careful about what I eat still. I don't eat a lot... no more than 1900-2000 calories a day. So it's not like I'm even going over the suggested daily limit for women who want to LOSE weight. I'm eating less than the calories they recommend for maintaining weight... and WAY below the amount they recommend for gaining weight.

If you look at the one thing that has changed in my system over the last year, it's the medicine. So I did a little research. It's not terribly uncommon to gain weight with Abilify... and I'd be willing to bet that percentage is a little higher in reality. According to most places I look, Lamictal doesn't cause weight gain in patients. SO. That leaves all fingers pointing at Abilify.

As a result, I stopped taking it (completely) a few days ago. It wasn't my "main" medicine anyways... which is the Lamictal. I'm still taking the Lamictal... and weaning myself off of it slowly. Hopefully, I'll see a little difference over the next two months being off of the Abilify. Even 5lbs. LOST would be a welcome change.

Until later... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment