Friday, July 3, 2009

As the world turns...

*le sigh*

It's been a long few days.

I was hoping and praying that coming off of my medication would be an easy task... and that I wouldn't have any negative side effects. However, the last couple of days have been a bit of a challenge.

Granted, things could be a lot worse... and I'm still hoping and praying they don't get to that point.

Mainly, though, I'm very irritable. Little things are setting me off in a big way... and it's harder to keep my cool. The first two or three days on the decreased amount was fine... and I was thinking to myself, "Hey... this isn't going to be hard at all." But on about the fourth day, I started to notice a difference. Like I said, it could be a lot worse. But it's not fun, regardless. I just have to keep reminding myself that it's just the withdrawal process... and to remain calm. Breathe in... breathe out... count to ten... that kinda thing.

Other than that, things are going well. I finished up one of my classes yesterday (Medical Terminology)... and I'm certain I got no less than a 95 on the final exam... (which will leave me with an overall A for the course). There were only about 2-3 terms that I was confused about... and basically guessed on. The rest I knew for certain.

So that's good... and I only have 6 more weeks of summer classes. Then I'll be D-O-N-E. No more college for me after that... which is pure bliss. But then the fun starts of trying to find a job. I am going to aim for one that's based at home. (I'll be doing an assortment of medical transcription and coding.) But, I'm not opposed to working in an office. However, I'd just much rather be at home doing the work... especially with a pregnancy on the horizon. I won't even need much of a maternity leave if I can do my work at home... and only have to check into the office minimally. Keep your fingers crossed!

In other news:
  • My pregnancy journal came the other day... and it's a great lil' book! It's much more involved than my first one. This one allows me to update on a weekly basis instead of monthly... and has a place for weekly belly shots. With my first pregnancy, I took monthly belly shots... and I'm so glad we did. It's really special to look back on now.
  • I started crocheting preemie hats for the local NICU's today. I have been meaning to do this for quite some time, but I haven't had the time nor will-power to do so. But I found a pattern the other day for a "10 minute preemie hat"... so today, on my day off from classes, I decided to try it out. Even though it takes me 17 minutes to make one, it's still the best pattern I've found. And it'll allow me to use up a lot of my stashed yarn (which is massive!).
  • Speaking of crocheting, I started a neutral baby blanket for the future bean. It's dark red, olive green and chocolate brown... in stripes. The yarn is cotton (my favorite type of yarn!). I'm loving it... and am seriously thinking about making a full-sized one in the same colors for myself! (See photo for the beginnings of future bean's blanket.)
Anyways... that's about it for now. Have a great 4th of July holiday! And be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment