Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Can I get a whoop whoop?

Yeah, I'm pretty stoked.

So after my monitor decided that I was no longer fertile for the month on CD 25, despite not having a peak fertility reading NOR a + OPK, I continued to take OPK's each day because I had a suspicion that (perhaps) the stick used on CD 25 was a dud... and/or that, had the monitor kept requesting sticks beyond the 20 it had already used, I would have gotten a peak reading around CD 27 to CD 30. After all, I ovulated (I think!) on around CD 30 last cycle.

So on the late evening of CD 27 of this cycle, I took an OPK... and, drumroll please, got what looked like a positive lead-in. I say lead-in because, up to that point, I'd not gotten anything near that dark. Thinking I might miss the actual dark + OPK overnight, we did the deed. The next morning/afternoon, I got another darker OPK that was more + than -. So, on my chart, I marked both CD 27 & CD 28 as + OPK's. I'm sure that overnight between those two CD's I got a real, good + reading. I took another OPK in the evening of CD 28, and it was basically back down to no second line.

FF also interrupted my temps and marked CD 28 as my O-Day! This is the clearest cycle I've had so far... and it's exciting! And, our timing was perfect, too... with insemination at O - 1 day!

So today is 3 DPO. Unless I start in the meanwhile, I plan on testing on July 4th. That'll put me at 15 DPO. My luteal phase is almost perfect... being no less than 12 and no more than 14. So, if I haven't started by then, I think that'll be a good day to test because I'll actually be late. I also want to avoid that inevitable let-down of getting a negative HPT if I've tested too early. (Plus, I didn't get a good solid + with my daughter until CD 41. I got my very, very faint BFP on CD 39... but we waited two days to retest to make sure.)

Okay. So. Now we wait. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment