Sunday, June 28, 2009

It's me again.

In addition to keeping this online journal (which I'll print out and bind after I've had the baby), I like to keep a "real" journal, too. Whenever I had our daughter, S.J., I kept an online journal... and wrote in this one, too.

This time will be no different.

In fact... I've already ordered my next pregnancy journal.

The Belly Book
!

Speaking of things I've bought, I've also already ordered 25 pregnancy test strips. *grin* You can't beat the price--$6.49! That's way cheaper than the Dollar Store brand... AND... it detects a lower level of hCG (20 mIU/mL).

Since this next pregnancy will be my last, I'm going to go all out... and do the things I didn't get the chance to do with S.J. (like a belly cast and maternity pictures, for example).

I'd also like to have my mom more involved. Even though she was in the room when S.J. was born, up until that point she'd not really been a big part of my pregnancy. She didn't feel the baby move... nor did she go to any of my doctor's appointments (my grandmother went to almost every one of them with me, actually). This next time I want Mom to be there more... and be a bigger part of my pregnancy. I think it's important for a daughter to have her mother there with her... helping her and guiding her through a very important part of her life.

Just like the last time we were trying to conceive, we're not sharing the news with anyone until after we've had a (few!) positive home pregnancy test(s) and after our first doctor's appointment (that way we're sure everything is okay). But. Because of that fact, this journal is my only outlet to talk about my adventures in TTC. So it'll probably fill up quickly before I've even gotten pregnant. But that'll be nice to look back on later, I think. If nothing else, it keeps me from driving the husband crazy with constant baby talk. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment